Friday, October 21, 2011

Time Flies

I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted. How fast time flies! It's the end of Week 2 in P2 and you can definitely feel that we are well into the swing of things. We have started getting grades back from P1, which certainly helps for making appropriate adjustments this semester.


Today I have an appointment with Christian Denis, the Director of Graduate Career Services. As I have been working on discovering exactly what type of job would be ideal after my MBA, I came to realize that one field that is perfect for me is the academic sector. If I have the opportunity to work at a university, it is an excellent way for me to combine my international interest with an employer that provides great benefits. There are, of course, other advantages to working at a university but I would say that those are the strongest pulls for me at the moment. Since I am targeting California, New York City, and Montreal, I am looking at:  NYU, Columbia, University of Southern California, etc. I'm looking forward to my meeting with Christian today, so I can hear about his experience in the field.

As for the news, there were a few articles recently that I found interesting. If any students or teachers in Quebec are curious to find out what my Canadian citizenship test was like, there is now an option to enrol in a Canadian Citizenship Challenge. Pretty cool! You can find more information about it here. Also, I am happy to report that the Quebec government will be spending $7 million to work on fighting anti-gay bullying. Lastly, since my classmates are multilingual, this article was of particular interest to me. Slowing Alzheimer's could be a benefit of being bilingual. That is great news for HEC Montreal students, who often speak three languages or more!

No comments:

Post a Comment