Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Unthinkable

I managed to do the unthinkable. Between yesterday and today, I completed four assignments (two for From Boss to Coach, one for Selling and Negotiating, and one for Managers and Negotiation). Now, all I want to do is crawl into a ball and go to sleep! Of course, my work is not over yet because I still have to do readings, but at least now I will be able to enjoy my upcoming birthday weekend without unfinished assignments looming.

For one of the From Boss to Coach assignments, I wrote a critical book analysis of GIVING the Real Recognition Way by Roy Saunderson. In order to properly analyze the book, I did a bit of research on the author and I stumbled upon the video below.


What is interesting about the video is that Saunderson echoes something that Francis Ford Coppola mentioned during C2-MTL. At C2-MTL, Coppola said, "The things you get fired for when you're young are the things you get lifetime achievement awards for when you're old." In the video, Saunderson provides a personal experience that reiterates exactly that point!

Also, at C2-MTL, I had spoken with Amber Mac, who wrote a recent Fast Company article called "3 Things Professional Women Should Stop Apologizing For." Considering that I was recently talking to a fellow female student about the issues plaguing women in the workforce, the article provides excellent advice for women in MBA programs.

If anyone has a great startup idea, FounderFuel is now accepting applications for their startup accelerator program. I have met a couple people who are now alumni of the program and it seems like a great opportunity. More information about FounderFuel can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment