Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Welcome to the Circus

This has definitely been an exciting past couple of days! Yesterday morning, I had my interview with Louis Vuitton and I'm extremely happy with how it went. Out of respect for the company and the selection process, I will not divulge too much except to say that the interview was not what I had expected. There was a great, friendly vibe in the room and I felt completely at ease. Since I know that I am being assessed against other HEC Montreal and McGill MBA student applicants, I am sure the competition is stiff. So even if I do not make it further in the process, I am happy to have had a lovely experience. Although, of course, I hope that I get called to a second interview!

This afternoon, I went to McGill to discuss a potential position as a National Recruiter for their MBA program. I asked how they had come to find me. Was it someone from the HEC Montreal Career Management Services (CMS) who had directed them to my candidature? Apparently not. It was solely my LinkedIn profile! Hence the reason why it is important to be on LinkedIn and to make sure your profile is accurate.


Having the potential for two job opportunities in a span of two days has made me feel pretty good. So tonight, when I went to the 2012 MBA Recruitment/Networking Event run by CMS, I felt less pressure to network with companies that truly did not spark my interest. In the end, I actually only met with one company:  Cirque du Soleil. I will definitely follow up and see if it leads anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment