Tuesday, July 10, 2012

MBA Consultants

Since I will soon be completing my MBA, I feel that it is the perfect time for me to encourage others to follow in my footsteps. For any brave souls who dare to apply to b-school, TopMBA Connect has an amazing contest, for which the winner will receive MBA and life coaching, in addition to assistance in meeting with individuals from the business school of his/her dreams. The MBA and life coaching mentorship will be provided by the amazing and talented Elisa Balabram, who I met when I visited the TopMBA Connect office last month. Information about the contest can be found here. Good luck to the candidates!


As for my own MBA adventures, P8 definitely has a different pace and tone. We are no longer in school (or traveling around Russia, for that matter); instead, the Supervised Consulting Project teams are approaching their diverse group mandates in different ways and locations. For my team, our objective is to develop a marketing plan for a National Film Board (NFB) movie about women's rights in Canada.

So far, my group has been focused on collecting primary data for our project. Yesterday, we got settled into our office at the NFB, and then conducted a meeting with Karen Cho, the director of the film. Today, we met with the NFB's market team, followed by a team brainstorming session. This is such an exciting project and I feel honoured to be a part of this amazing opportunity!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lori, great to read your writings. Really impressive! I recently started to read your blogs especially about HEC Montreal. I plan to pursue intensive MBA there. Would like to know your thoughts over it.

    Request you to share your email. Mine is mohan.nitin@gmail.com

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete