Monday, July 16, 2012

On the Job


Welcome back, Javier! Pictured above is my fellow team member who was working with us remotely last week, as we began our marketing mandate for the National Film Board (NFB). Now that my team has been reunited at the NFB office, we have worked our way through our SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats), situational analysis, and STP (segmentation, targeting, positioning) for our assigned film. One video that helped us to understand the resources and innovative technologies at the NFB is posted below.



While I am working on my P8 Supervised Consulting Project for the NFB, I am simultaneously writing my 10-page analytical paper for P7's Russia Campus Abroad. Though the paper is taking longer than expected, it is fun to relive my Russian adventures through my writing.

I am also happy to report that there is growing interest in one-year MBA programs, according to CNN Money (see here). However, I am critical of the article. My HEC Montreal one-year MBA program has provided me with on-the-job experience (with the NFB), an international trip (to Russia), and plenty of electives to establish a specialization (in my case, Marketing and Management). So, for me, the disadvantages of enrolling in a one-year program, as per the article, do not ring true for my HEC Montreal MBA experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment