Friday, September 28, 2012

Sweet Talk

As a startup enthusiast, I could not pass up the chance to attend Wednesday's networking, panel discussion, and BBQ hosted by several influential entrepreneurial organizations. The evening was presented by the Canadian Innovation Exchange (CIX), Ernst & Young, Microsoft Bizspark, FounderFuel, and Startup Drinks Montreal (event details here). Below is a photo from the crowded room at Notman House during the panel discussion.


In related news, Google has announced five Canadian cities that are winners of their eTown Award (see the Techvibes article here). Since the nearby town of Dorval is one of the award winners, Google will be close by next month to present the award and meet with local businesses.

And as anyone who knows me well knows, I am a huge candy lover, which often conflicts with my attempts to be as healthy as possible. Yet, the new all-natural candy maker Unreal Brands is a company I have my eyes on. As reported by the Boston Herald, entrepreneur Michael Bronner, the brains behind the operation, was inspired to create healthier candies when he discovered that candy companies use unhealthy ingredients because they are easier and cheaper to produce (source). I hope these candies arrive in Montreal soon! In the meantime, you can watch the star-studded promotional video for Unreal below.

No comments:

Post a Comment