Sunday, January 20, 2013

Flying High

This week, I received a couple notifications that brought me back to my MBA days. QS emailed me to let me know that they are providing access to over $1.2 million in scholarships. In order to qualify, applicants must register and attend a QS event, and then complete this survey. I hope this is helpful for anyone who is eligible!

Also, I was notified by HEC Montreal that my graduate student testimony and message had been posted. You can read the testimonial that I co-wrote with our AEMBA President Jean-Nicolas Denis at this page.

Although I am often trying to attend as many local events as I can, I've had to cut back so that I don't experience burnout. However, I did make it to the Santa Monica New Tech Meetup and the 3rd SiliconBeachLA Weekly Unwind at the Hotel Shangri-La. At the SM New Tech Meetup, we learned about seven new startups: Plug.dj, Fanappz, Saveastranger, ReadingKingdom, InternSushi, ChalkTips, and Birdsai. Interestingly, during the networking period afterwards, people kept approaching me asking if I was InternSushi's CEO Shara Senderoff (see photo below). As for the SiliconBeachLA Unwind, I am really enjoying these and looking forward to them each week!

InternSushi's CEO Shara Senderoff presenting at the Santa Monica New Tech Meetup. See the resemblance?

3rd SiliconBeachLA Weekly Unwind at the Hotel Shangri-La
I am also excited to share that I took a flight over downtown Los Angeles last night, thanks to my friend who smoothly piloted the trip. The view was absolutely stunning!


No comments:

Post a Comment