Monday, February 4, 2013

Hot Off the Press

My friend threw an amazing party a couple weeks ago. The theme? New girlfriends! She invited over a bunch of girls that she had met only within the past three months. It was a lot of fun and quite a change from all the techie events I attend. Here's a photo from the party:


It was also dineLA Restaurant Week which gave me a great excuse to get out and try a sampling of local restaurants. I ended up trying four different menus (Boa, Zinc @ Shade, La Vecchia Cucina, and Border Grill) and all were good choices!

Work has also been very busy, with several projects on the horizon. I am happy to say that bLife was recently featured in Forbes, with an article entitled "Getting America To Check In With Itself." Interestingly, the journalist (Lori Kozlowski) who wrote the story will be on the panel for an event this week (Press Coverage for Startups: A Tech Journalist's Perspective). I am hoping to make it to the event, so I have a chance to meet her in person.

In fact, my calendar this week is already packed with events since two of my friends will be interviewing onstage. I'm looking forward to attending the MediaLeaders Social Media & PR Panel Discussion and the TechZulu Fireside Chat: Build a Profitable and Bootstrapped SAAS Startup so I can see my friends in action!

Finally, I am excited to announce that one of my HEC Montreal MBA professors is an Economist Intelligence Unit Business Professor of the Year Award finalist! Not only was Johanne Brunet my Marketing Management professor, she was also my team's supervising professor for the Supervised Consulting Project in P8. I am looking forward to hearing the final results on March 14!

No comments:

Post a Comment