Sunday, February 17, 2013

Unwind

It feels like the world is going startup crazy! My alma mater McGill University will be holding a Startup Career Fair in a few days. In fact, I've heard that the Silicon Beach community has a startup career event in the works, too. I'm looking forward to getting more details!

I am happy to say that I am officially a Community Ambassador for SiliconBeachLA, with my specialties listed as events and female entrepreneurship. You can see the link here. Though I have not yet received any questions about Silicon Beach, I did receive a LinkedIn message today from a newly admitted HEC Montreal MBA student. He mentioned that he discovered my blog through a Google search, and then proceeded to read about my journey from the very beginning to the present. I was so honored by his comments and feedback, and I'm so happy to hear that he found my blog helpful.

This Friday, at the 7th SiliconBeachLA Unwind I was giving demos of the bLife GPS for the Soul app. It was a great way for me to educate the local community about bLife and to spread the word about our newly released free iPhone app. We have been really busy at work on our next project, though, so stay tuned for more on that in a few days! In the meantime, below is a photo from last week's SiliconBeachLA Unwind.

My friend Jim (a fellow New Jersey native) and me at the 6th SiliconBeachLA Unwind

I also wanted to share a lovely short film from the National Film Board of Canada (NFB) called Matrioska. Since I both worked with the NFB on my Supervised Consulting Project and visited Russia during my MBA, I thought this would be a perfect place to post the film. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment