Sunday, August 4, 2013

Full Stack

I am happy to say that my first week of work went very well! My new team is amazing! For the first month, I'll be training for two days a week at Coloft, a co-working space, and the rest of the time I'm working from home. For the two days this week when my coworkers and I were all together, my boss took us out for lunches, including a fun one at a nearby shabu-shabu restaurant (photo below).


When my boss asked for information about networking events for startups, I was excited to share all that I know about the local Silicon Beach community. On the topic of networking, I thought this article presented some helpful tips on how to ask for an introduction. My co-worker Eric Siu also has a great blog, and I found his entry "The Beginner's Guide to Becoming a Full Stack Marketer" particularly essential.

In addition to work, I also packed my week with a ton of fun. On Wednesday night, my friends and I competed in bar trivia. Though we didn't win, I was ecstatic that I was able to contribute my knowledge of pop culture for the team's earned points. Thursday night I returned to the Santa Monica Pier's Twilight Concerts to see Nikki Jensen and Xavier Rudd. Lastly, I've spent this weekend soaking up the sun and enjoying a couple movies at the theater - The Way, Way Back and Twenty Feet From Stardom. Both were great! I leave you now with a live performance of my favorite Xavier Rudd song "Messages," as I recall the wonderful memories of Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment