Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Reunited

Living in Los Angeles, I am fortunate enough to be in a location where many of my friends pass through, whether it's to visit family, vacation, for work, or something else. In fact, in the past week, I had four different friends in town. See the photos below.





Also, the Santa Monica team of Single Grain has just relocated from Coloft to the ROC, the co-working space where I worked previously. So I have been reunited with my startup friends, and I once again get to enjoy the glorious rooftop workspace pictured below.


Interestingly, there was a recent article about the benefits of eating inside, rather than outside. I wholeheartedly disagree with the writer and actually laughed out loud at the comments that other journalists had on the topic.

As for local startup news, there was an email exchange involving the co-founders of Cross Campus, another Santa Monica co-working space, and PandoDaily. This is probably one of the most insane articles I've read concerning Silicon Beach and I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone talking about it.

In happier news, Santa Monica has the #2 spot for the Top 10 Zip Codes for Venture Capital Investment in Orange County and Los Angeles. And if you truly want to be happy, try one of these 10 simple things that you can do to make yourself happy today.

1 comment: