Tuesday, June 2, 2015

30 for 30: Day 2

I'm exhausted, but I'm going to quickly provide some status updates on my 30 for 30 challenge because my second positive affirmation is "I am determined."

My day began with a jog along the beach, checking off my 30 minutes of exercise. The morning was further successful, as I discovered that Episode 1 of Unbreakable Missy & Lori had already surpassed my goal of getting 30 more YouTube views! As of this moment, we currently have 699 views and I couldn't be happier (okay, maybe just 1 more view and I could be happier). We also got closer to our 30-day crowdfunding goal, with a current standing of 4% funded.

Singing words of praise for our debut funders of Unbreakable Missy & Lori's Indiegogo campaign

At today's work meeting, our boss told us the cool fact that Mark Zuckerberg wears the same T-shirt every day. As my boss and this Business Insider article explain, Zuckerberg does it because then it's one less thing for him to think about during his busy day. Let's just say I'm already onboard with this philosophy.

During my lunch break, I had an opportunity to reconnect with a fellow sorority sister who I hadn't spoken to in almost 10 years! Beth had reached out to me a few days ago asking for my help in making some big decisions, as she thought I would be able to assist her. On this day of gratitude, as we spoke on the phone, I thanked her for thinking of me and provided her with my best advice. She said that my words of wisdom delighted her, and our conversation certainly helped to strengthen our friendship.

There were two other relationships I was able to strengthen today. One was with the Director of HEC Montreal's MBA program, as we corresponded by email to provide each other with our life updates. The second was through a fortuitous text I received from my friend Harry. He informed me that his new app just launched in the iTunes store. He asked me to help spread the word about his free app Linechecker. Seizing this golden opportunity, I agreed to help him spread the word about his app if he helped to spread the word about my Indiegogo campaign. A deal was made.

I also reached out to three press contacts, listened to one new song sent to me by a friend, sent one personalized message about Unbreakable Missy & Lori, continued to eat raw vegan meals, wrote for 30 minutes, and did exactly what I wanted to do. Now I will meditate and try to rest to be prepared for whatever surprise Missy has planned for me tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment